The CREW Trust is pleased to announce an exciting schedule of 2013-2014 CREW Strolling Science Seminars. These seminars are scholarly walks for adults through the CREW trails, led by experts who engage participants in in-depth discussions about specific topics related to the CREW watershed. This is the third season for these scholarly walks at CREW. The past two years of seminars have been funded partially by CHNEP Public Outreach grants.
This year’s seminars include:
- November 15, 2013 – Florida Black Bears: The Bear Essentials w/ Kathleen Smith, FFWCC Biologist (9 AM – noon)
- December 14, 2013 – The Lives of Fungi at CREW w/ Dr. William Sanders, FGCU (9 AM – noon)
- January 11, 2014 – Strolling Science in a Day w/ Dr. Billy Gunnels, FGCU (9 AM – 3 PM)
- January 31, 2014 – Hydrology; How It Directly and Indirectly Controls the Distribution and Characteristics of Southwest Florida Plant Communities w/ Mike Duever, Natural Ecosystems, LLC (9 AM – noon)
- February 22, 2014 – Paleo-Plants that the Dinosaurs Ate: Ferns of SWFL w/ Jack Berninger (9 AM – noon)
- March 29, 2014 – American Alligators: Ecological Engineers of the Everglades Ecosystem w/ Ian Bartoszek of the Conservancy of SWFL (9 AM – noon)
For details about each seminar and to register, go to the CREWTrust page on Eventbrite and scroll to the title of the seminar you want to know more about.