Just in case you missed Laura Tichy-Smith’s great article on CREW Field Trips, here is what you need to know. The article titled “Field Trip” was released October 25th, 2015 in The News-Press Coastal Life.
- We have 2 free primitive campsites with grills, picnic tables, and fire rings. Get your permit here: https://crewtrus.mystagingwebsite.com/2011/08/11/camping/
- All events require registration through the CREW website or by phone 239-657-2253.
- Guided walks at the CREW Marsh Trail Start at 9 a.m.-noon on First and third Tuesday and second Saturday monthly (November- April)
- Guided walks at Bird Rookery Swamp start at 9-11:30 a.m. every Wednesday and fourth Saturday monthly (November-April). As well as in the afternoons: 1:30-4 p.m. first
Sunday monthly (November- April)
- Our Strolling Science Seminars cost: $25 non-members; $15 CREW members. They are adult only:
- Dec. 4: Dendrochronology (tree coring science) with Dr. Disturbance by Dr. Win Everham, FGCU
- Saturday, Jan. 16: Snake in the grass: Not always a bad guy by Dr. John Herman, FGCU
- Saturday, Feb. 6: Birding with the master by Dr. Bernie Master (international conservationist)
- Friday March 11: Adaptation or extinction: The lives of CREW’s
most interesting plants by Jack Berninger
- Other specialty hikes:
- Nature’s peace at CREW: A nature walk for early-stage Alzheimer’s patients at 10:30 a.m.-noon on the First Mondays monthly (November-April)
- Get your vitamin N: A nature walk for families at 9 a.m.-noon on Saturday, Dec. 5
and Saturday, March 19
- Bike tours at Bird Rookery Swamp at 8 a.m.-noon on Friday, Jan. 8 and Friday, Feb. 12. You must provide own bicycle, and helmet.
- CREW Concert & Silent Eco-Auction at 5-8:30 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 13. Located at Riverside Park, 27300 Old 41 Road, Bonita Springs
- Spring wildflower walk with Roger Hammer at 9 a.m.-noon on Saturday, April 2
- We have 2 member-only events, you can sign up to be a member and get discounts on all events at https://crewtrus.mystagingwebsite.com/become-a-member/
- Wine and Cheese Social on Thursday, Jan. 21
- Campfire and S’mores Social on Thursday, Feb. 25
To see the full article visit: http://www.news-press.com/story/life/coastal-life/2015/10/24/crew-offers-recreational-opportunities/74490760/
Thank you Laura Tichy-Smith for such a great article