The CREW Trust welcomes all school groups to explore the CREW Trails with us, and engage in focused environmental education activities that help children learn to love and understand the natural world. We work directly with Collier and Lee County schools as well as many home school groups and private schools in southwest Florida.
Students hike, explore, learn about plants and animals, test water quality, collect data on ecosystem parameters, dip-net, journal, learn about prescribed fires, and more. Each trip is custom designed the group and grade level.
The CREW Trust offers the following field trips for K – 12 students:
- Walk Through a Watershed Trip (designed with and for Collier County 3rd grade classes)
- Watershed and Wildlife Walk – adapted for all ages, K-12
- Middle School – LIFE program (in conjunction with the FL Department of Environmental Protection)
- High School Watershed Trips – Biodiversity, Wetland Ecology, Fire Ecology, or the Legacy Trip
- Home school/Specialty Trips – we’ll design for your needs
CREW Trust is proud of its excellent working relationships with local universities and professors that enable us to engage students in field experiences, research projects, and civic engagement/service-learning opportunities on the CREW lands.
If you would like to plan a field trip out to CREW please email Julie Motkowicz at email@example.com or call 239-229-1088.