Frog Resources (for April 6, 2012 Seminar)
- Frog Calls – USGS Frog Call Quiz by states
- 34 Amphibian Monitoring Programs in the US – Why monitor?
- Bibliography of Frog articles (PDF)
- Frogs & Toads of SW Florida Reference Sheet (reference sheet for the field)
- Frogs of Florida from the Hillsborough River Greenways Task Force (pdf) Natural History of all the species of frogs in Florida
Citizen Science Projects on frogs:
- FrogWatch USA – Monitor frog calls in your neighborhood wetlands and report them to FrogWatch USA.
- Join a local SW Florida Amphibian Monitoring Network route and help collect local data right here in SW Florida.
- North American Amphibian Monitoring Program (USGS)
Select scholarly papers on frogs:
- The Florida Gopher Frog and the Fla Pine Snake as Burrow Associates of the Gopher Tortoise in N. Florida
- Systematic and Biological Studies of the Leopard Frogs of the United States
- Population densities of the Cuban treefrog,Osteopilus septentrionalis and three native species of Hyla (Hylidae), in urban and natural habitats of
- Anurans as Biological Indicators of Restoration Success in the Greater Everglades Ecosystem
- The 2002 Summary of the original SW FL Frog Monitoring program